by webmaster2 posted May 02, 2023
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

+ - Up Down Comment Print
Extra Form
Speaker Professor Yuseong Chung (KAIST Department of Biochemical Engineering)
Date Thursday, June 3, 2021
Time 05:00 PM
Venue ZOOM

Accelerate Chemical Science using Machine Learning

Discovery of a new material with desired properties is the ultimate goal of materials research. A promising way to significantly accelerate the latter process is to incorporate all available knowledge and data to plan the synthesis of the next material. In this talk, I will present several directions to use informatics to efficiently explore materials chemical space. I will first describe methods of machine learning for fast and reliable predictions of materials properties that can replace density functional calculations, an essential component needed for large scale materials design. With these tools in place for property evaluation, I will next present a few initial frameworks that we have recently developed to allow generative inverse design of inorganic crystals with optimal target properties, either in the compositional space or structural space. I will finally discuss several challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for further developments of accelerated materials platform, including synthesizability of inorganic crystals and organic molecules.

Articles

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Designed by sketchbooks.co.kr / sketchbook5 board skin

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 Cancel

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5