by webmaster2 posted May 02, 2023
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

+ - Up Down Comment Print
Extra Form
Speaker Professor Heejae Kim (POSTECH Department of Physics)
Date Thursday, September 22, 2022
Time 05:00 PM
Venue Asan Science Hall 331

Ultrafast dynamics and control in condensed phase system

Optical spectroscopy is of essential approaches to information on material electronic properties, transport mechanism and structural configurations. With combinations of multiple light matter interactions, couplings among various entities in the condensed materials can be further disentangled. Moreover, by employing femtosecond (fs) laser-based optical techniques, one could observe the microscopic processes dominating ultrafast phenomena in real-time. In this seminar, I’ll briefly introduce the underlying principle for designing spectroscopic approaches and extracting essential information, and present examples of ultrafast dynamics in condensed phase systems [1]. One step further, light could even be an active player of controlling material properties by virtue of the recent development of high-intensity fs laser sources and phase stable pulse technology. I’ll illustrate examples of such controls via resonant and non-resonant pathways in a semiconductor system [2,3]. Finally, I will present our recent development of new two-dimensional spectroscopy which allows for unraveling the electron phonon interaction in an element-resolved fashion, and the potential of the technique toward fundamental understanding of both solid state and soft matter systems [4].

[References]

[1] H. Kim et al., Nat. Communs., 8, 687 (2017)

[2] H. Kim et al., App. Phys. Lett., 116, 201109 (2020)

[3] D. Berghoff et al., Nat. Communs., 12, 5719, (2021)

[4] S. Qu et al, in preparation

Articles

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Designed by sketchbooks.co.kr / sketchbook5 board skin

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 Cancel

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5